At the end of November the crew of Expecting Sunshine did a creative shoot where we filmed visual analogies for baby loss. Artist Perry Medina painted my stomach three times, with three different gestational ages of a baby in utero. After each time, we represented the loss of a child at that stage. They will be powerful representations within the documentary.
Here are some fun details:
- 5 hours filming
- 3 camera operators
- 4 cameras
- 1 body artist
- 3 paintings
- 1 assistant
- 1 model
- 1 costume
- 1 bereaved mom interviewed
- 3 heaters
- 1 generator
- 7 cheese sandwiches
- 12 donuts
Here are some behind the scenes photographs – and a video – from the body art filming.
Our crowdfunding campaign ends on Monday at midnight. Please help us reach our goal.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE:
- Visit our Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign by clicking here: http://igg.me/at/expectingsun
- On our campaign page you can read the story, watch the trailer and see how much has been donated.
- There are two ways to contribute:
- (1) Along the right side of the screen there is a list of “Perks,” which are ways we thank you for supporting the film. You can click on the perk you want, it will open up with more info, and you will be given payment options (credit card or paypal).
- (2) The other way, again on the right side of the screen but this time at the very top, you will see a white box that says “Your contribution” with a pink button below it that says “Contribute now.” There you can enter any amount (with this option you will not receive a “perk”). A new window will open and you can choose your payment method.