This is a short but sweet post today, a very special day for Expecting Sunshine! Also, sharing a powerful article on bereaved mom, Nancy Kerrigan.
I still remember the day I signed the publishing contract with She Writes Press. From the day I signed it was roughly a year till my book was slated to be released. It felt like an eternity. And yet, here we are!
I cannot express what a journey it has been to get Expecting Sunshine out into the world. Here are some specifics for you:
- 6 months of writing the first draft
- 120,000 word, 400 page first draft
- 4+ years of editing
- 8 drafts of editing
- 3 editors
- 1 agent
- 1 (Amazing) publisher, Brooke Warner at She Writes Press
- 2+ book cover designers
- 3 (Fabulous) publicists at Smith Publicity
- April 18, 2017!
- 1 tired but happy author!
I have so many people to thank! And I do name them all in my book in the acknowledgements section. As I’ve just got word that Time Magazine’s site, Time Motto, wants me to write an essay for them on miscarriage (YAY! BIG NEWS!!), I will thank all the wonderful people who have made such a huge difference for me by including pics of my acknowledgements from Expecting Sunshine! This is a bit of a sneak peak inside the book as well.
More Exciting News:
Article in Womanista:
I got interviewed for a very special article about Nancy Kerrigan’s experience of multiple miscarriages, which she shared about on Dancing With The Stars.
You can read the article by clicking here. In it I share all the things I’ve learned over my years as a bereaved mom and since becoming a parent advocate, author and public speaker.
If you want to learn more about Nancy Kerrigan’s story, here is a powerful video:
Thank you so much for reading this pub day update!
If you’d like to purchase the book directly from me – for a signed copy – please click here. Expecting Sunshine is available wherever good books are sold.
Sending out warm wishes of love, hope and healing,
Alexis Marie Chute
Thanks for reading this February update for Expecting Sunshine memoir! There are so many exciting things to report that I’m sure I’m going to forget something important. It’s an exciting season and the build-up for the big release date, April 18, is quickly approaching. So lets dive in…
ALBERTA PRIMETIME + DINNER TELEVISION
My publicists are hard at work and doing a fabulous job. Two exciting pieces of press that came out recently are feature interviews on Alberta Primetime on CTV Two AND Dinner Television, City TV. It is always so great to share Zachary’s story and to talk about the book. Here are the videos so you can watch for yourself. (And if you like, please share. Thanks!)
If you have not already pre-ordered your copy of Expecting Sunshine, you can do so now! You can order it from all major bookstores and also from Amazon. I’ve heard that Amazon pre-orders will often arrive to the person who ordered the book even before the official publication date (April 18, 2017). So order now and you may get your copy by the end of March!
Thank you in advance!!
LET’S GET SHARING
As soon as you receive your book, share it on all your social networks using the hashtags and handles below:
MORE PRAISE FOR EXPECTING SUNSHINE
Here is our latest endorsement:
“Exquisitely detailed and achingly honest. A must-read.”
– Ariel Brewster, Senior Editor, Today’s Parent Magazine
Thanks for reading! Soon I will be sharing the book tour schedule. There are a lot of exciting stops all across North America! Maybe even some European destinations… TBD.
As always, your support is beyond appreciated. Expecting Sunshine may seem like a sad story, but it’s actually an inspiring story about resiliency and love. I hope you will read the book and see for yourself.
Wishing you all the best,
Alexis Marie Chute
Thank you to everyone reading this update! There are a lot of awesome things happening with Expecting Sunshine documentary and memoir. I’m excited to share them with you, particularly this month, which is Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Awareness Month.
Expecting Sunshine Memoir
- The book cover has been finalized! I love the bright colors. The rainbow umbrella is also very important to me. It references the rainbow pregnancy and rainbow baby. If you don’t know these terms, they mean the pregnancy and the baby born after loss.
- The official release date for the book is April 18, 2017 and it will be available at all places where books are sold.
- While April is still a few months away, you can pre-order your copy now with two handy ways to do so:
- I am accepting pre-orders for the book on my online store. You can visit the store by clicking here. Books ordered from the store will be signed and mailed out by yours truly : )
- You can also pre-order on Amazon. Check out Expecting Sunshine on Amazon by clicking here.
- Expecting Sunshine continues to receive wonderful testimonials from early readers. You can see many of these online by clicking here.
Expecting Sunshine Documentary
- Along with the book cover, the film cover has also been finalized. I love how the silhouette of the woman fades into watercolor marks at the bottom. This could be any woman, which is the point, that loss happens to so many women and families.
- The film is being edited right now and will be released around the time of the book, in the spring of 2017.
- Like the book, the film is also available for pre-order. You can place your pre-order now on my online store by clicking here. When the film is released in the spring, it will be a file which you can digitally download.
- We also have the pre-order available for the educational version, which comes with an audio visual public performance license agreement so that the film can be shown to support groups or at other events. Click here to order the educational version of the film.
We are continuing to fundraise for Expecting Sunshine Documentary!
I want to acknowledge our recent donor to the film:
Jamie and I met at the International Perinatal Bereavement Conference in Phoenix, Arizona earlier this fall. I really appreciate her vision and passion for the bereavement work that she does. Along with donating to the film, she also pre-ordered a copy to show to her grief support programs, along with copies of the book. Thank you so much Jamie!
If you would like to donate to Expecting Sunshine documentary, that would be WONDERFUL! Thank you in advance. We are so close to our fundraising goal, but still need all the support we can get.
I think that is all for now! More updates will come as Expecting Sunshine finds its home out in the world. Thank you for reading and for supporting and cheering on this important project on this even more important topic!
With much gratitude,
Alexis Marie Chute