When people and organizations come together, magic can happen!
As a producer/director, I am thrilled to collaborate with our crowdfunding contributors, but there is also another level of connectivity that is worth celebrating. I believe so strongly in this documentary film and its potential to support and encourage families. Therefore, when other organizations who also value family like I do come on board, the results are magic.
Many of our upcoming press and collaborations are still in the works, but we are looking forward to inspiring partnerships with/and press coverage of the documentary from:
- PALS – Pregnancy After Loss Support
- Canadian Family Magazine
- Parents Canada Magazine
- Today’s Parent Magazine
This is an exciting time! If you would like to be a part of the film in some way, if you are a media outlet or publication that would like to discuss and collaborate, please email me, Alexis Marie, at: email@example.com
Expecting Sunshine Documentary in the Edmonton Examiner.
- I don’t believe that we “move on” from the loss of a child. Those words bother me as a bereaved parent. I know I cannot control their use, but I want to note my feelings on those tiny but sometimes disconcerting words, especially as they are used in this article.
- Every bereaved parent, and family, have their own unique story. The woman I interviewed in Sedona Arizona, Bonnie Sedan, while also a bereaved mom, has struggled with infertility and made the choice not to have children. I invited Bonnie’s story into the film because she offers a perspective different from my own, but one I believe is incredibly powerful.
- Covenant Health has been fabulous to work with, friendly and optimistic. Unfortunately, Alberta Health Services told me they are not willing to participate. Long story!
- Finally, my art exhibit is called “The Quiet Rebuild,” not “Year of Distraction,” as listed in the article.
Here is the article for you to read. (Or read it on the Examiner site by clicking here.)
If you have not yet contributed to Expecting Sunshine, please do! Your support is incredibly appreciated. Our crowdfunding campaign ends in 6 days!
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE:
- Visit our Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign by clicking here: http://igg.me/at/expectingsun
- On our campaign page you can read the story, watch the trailer and see how much has been donated.
- There are two ways to contribute:
- (1) Along the right side of the screen there is a list of “Perks,” which are ways we thank you for supporting the film. You can click on the perk you want, it will open up with more info, and you will be given payment options (credit card or paypal).
- (2) The other way, again on the right side of the screen but this time at the very top, you will see a white box that says “Your contribution” with a pink button below it that says “Contribute now.” There you can enter any amount (with this option you will not receive a “perk”). A new window will open and you can choose your payment method.