Exciting News: You can now pre-order Expecting Sunshine Memoir online!
The book is available on Amazon for pre-orders. Check it out now by clicking here. I’ve also heard that pre-ordered books are often shipped before the actual release date, so that’s just one more reason to order early.
I will also have a select number of books that I am selling directly from my website. You can click here to pre-order that way. Any books ordered through me will be signed by yours truly.
Once the book is officially released on April 18, 2017, it will be available for purchase through all major book stores.
As an author AND visual artist, I love every opportunity to combine these two worlds. Therefore, making book trailers for Expecting Sunshine was a no brainer. My wonderful friend Helen Massini did the voice overs for two of the trailers. Helen is such a pro and truly an up-and-coming actress and singer.
Helen and I had a blast hanging out while our daughters where at Brownies. It was amazing to see Helen bring my words to life, and with such wonderful musicality.
Now, the footage and audio is in the talented hands of Expecting Sunshine crew member, Tom Lim. Tom never fails to surprise me with his creativity. He’s an engineer by day, and a creative force by night.
It will still be a few weeks before the trailers are ready to share, but if you want to see them first, subscribe to receive this blog feed by email. Click here to subscribe. Subscribers will also stay up to date on all happenings with Expecting Sunshine, both the film and the documentary. This includes book launches, special offers, film premiers, and much more. I look forward to connecting with you!
They say it takes a village to raise a child. Well I also believe it takes a group of people to create a movement. That is the goal with Expecting Sunshine. I hope this movement will lead our culture into a better understanding of death, how to talk about it, and how to accept its reality in a healthy and positive way in our lives. I also hope that this movement will move the hearts of readers and viewers.
As always, thank you so much for reading – and sharing – this blog post!
Alexis Marie Chute
Thank you to everyone reading this update! There are a lot of awesome things happening with Expecting Sunshine documentary and memoir. I’m excited to share them with you, particularly this month, which is Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Awareness Month.
Expecting Sunshine Memoir
- The book cover has been finalized! I love the bright colors. The rainbow umbrella is also very important to me. It references the rainbow pregnancy and rainbow baby. If you don’t know these terms, they mean the pregnancy and the baby born after loss.
- The official release date for the book is April 18, 2017 and it will be available at all places where books are sold.
- While April is still a few months away, you can pre-order your copy now with two handy ways to do so:
- I am accepting pre-orders for the book on my online store. You can visit the store by clicking here. Books ordered from the store will be signed and mailed out by yours truly : )
- You can also pre-order on Amazon. Check out Expecting Sunshine on Amazon by clicking here.
- Expecting Sunshine continues to receive wonderful testimonials from early readers. You can see many of these online by clicking here.
Expecting Sunshine Documentary
- Along with the book cover, the film cover has also been finalized. I love how the silhouette of the woman fades into watercolor marks at the bottom. This could be any woman, which is the point, that loss happens to so many women and families.
- The film is being edited right now and will be released around the time of the book, in the spring of 2017.
- Like the book, the film is also available for pre-order. You can place your pre-order now on my online store by clicking here. When the film is released in the spring, it will be a file which you can digitally download.
- We also have the pre-order available for the educational version, which comes with an audio visual public performance license agreement so that the film can be shown to support groups or at other events. Click here to order the educational version of the film.
We are continuing to fundraise for Expecting Sunshine Documentary!
I want to acknowledge our recent donor to the film:
Jamie and I met at the International Perinatal Bereavement Conference in Phoenix, Arizona earlier this fall. I really appreciate her vision and passion for the bereavement work that she does. Along with donating to the film, she also pre-ordered a copy to show to her grief support programs, along with copies of the book. Thank you so much Jamie!
If you would like to donate to Expecting Sunshine documentary, that would be WONDERFUL! Thank you in advance. We are so close to our fundraising goal, but still need all the support we can get.
I think that is all for now! More updates will come as Expecting Sunshine finds its home out in the world. Thank you for reading and for supporting and cheering on this important project on this even more important topic!
With much gratitude,
Alexis Marie Chute
I have loved every second of filming Expecting Sunshine. It has been a wonderful learning experience, an excellent team collaboration, and a great opportunity to connect with bereaved families. Thank you to everyone who made it such a success!
We had our last filming date on April 30th. We captured recreations, creative b-roll, and family life after pregnancy loss.
Now, my crew and I enter the next exciting stage of the film: post production! This is where we combine all the video and still footage we have captured over the last eight months. We will combine all the visuals with the moving scores we have recorded with live musicians. Here is where we bring the vision to life.
- We plan to have the film ready for a number of the major film festival deadlines. These are coming up before summer.
- We have confirmation from Shaw TV in Edmonton that they will be airing the film. This will take place AFTER we, fingers crossed, premier the film at one or more film festivals.
- We are still searching for a major network to show the documentary. This search will continue in earnest once editing is complete.
Thank you so much for reading! And for supporting this film. Expecting Sunshine will make a huge difference for many, many people.
Alexis Marie Chute
To learn more about Expecting Sunshine book and film, please click here.
Get to know the film’s director and producer, Alexis Marie Chute.
Check-out the awesome film crew for the documentary.
Read more posts on the Expecting Sunshine blog.
Visit Expecting Sunshine’s sister blog, Wanted Chosen Planned.
Learn how you can donate to support the film by clicking here.
I am thrilled to announce a very special partnership between Expecting Sunshine – memoir and documentary – and PALS, which stands for Pregnancy After Loss Support. Expecting Sunshine is now included in the PALS Friends section, and PALS in our Sponsors area.
This is a very important partnership as we share the same goal: to support and nurture women and families that are pregnant after loss.
I know from experience, having a baby after losing a baby is not an easy road to walk. Having just had my second rainbow child, I can say that the feelings are real, sometimes overwhelming, terrifying, exciting and confusing all at once. Pregnancy after loss is a roller coaster, but one that can be full of joy, love and positive anticipation with the right support and focus.
Here is some valuable information, compiled by PALS, regarding pregnancy after loss:
I am proud to share that I will be a monthly columnist for PALS, with my first article for them coming out on March 16. From then on, you will be able to read my column the third Wednesday of every month. I’m looking forward to sharing my journey and all the lessons I’ve learned along the way. Community is so important to me so please read, share and comment. I would love to hear from you!
Soon PALS will be blogging about Expecting Sunshine, both the documentary and memoir. Once it’s live, I will post here to link to it.
I am honoured to share with you more about our new partners:
“Pregnancy After Loss Support (PALS) is a community support resource for women experiencing the confusing and conflicting emotions of grief mixed with joy during the journey through pregnancy after loss. We seek to help expectant mothers celebrate their current pregnancy by choosing hope over fear while still nurturing and honoring the grief over the loss of their deceased child.”
“Pregnancy After Loss Support’s vision is that every mom and her partner who is experiencing pregnancy after loss is able to find support and connection among both peers and health care professionals who understand and validate the unique and complex experience of pregnancy after a previous perinatal or child death.”
I am proud to be working towards the same goals as our new partners. Many great things are in store!
Stay tuned for future update by subscribing to this blog by clicking here.
If you are reading this and would like to be a friend of Expecting Sunshine through partnership or sponsorship, please email Alexis Marie Chute: firstname.lastname@example.org