Happy Birthday Expecting Sunshine!
What’s in this post:
Wednesday, April 18 was Expecting Sunshine memoir‘s birthday! The book was released on the same date one year ago, in 2017. This anniversary was a fun opportunity to celebrate all the amazing milestones of the previous year. Read on to see the accomplishments of Expecting Sunshine memoir – and documentary! Plus, I’ve got news about the fate of Expecting Sunshine online… keep reading to learn more.
Here are some of my reflections on the first year after Expecting Sunshine’s release: https://www.wantedchosenplanned.com/five-lessons-expecting-sunshine/
Watch the birthday party for the book:
Expecting Sunshine BOOK AWARDS
- First Place, Reader Views Literary Awards, Parenting/Family/Relationships category
- Silver, Benjamin Franklin Awards, Autobiography & Memoir category
- Silver, Benjamin Franklin Awards, Best New Voice: Nonfiction
- Finalist, da Vinci Eye Award, Eric Hoffer Book Award
- Kirkus Reviews’ BEST BOOKS OF 2017, Best Indie Books of 2017
- Top 10, IndieReader’s Best Reviewed (Non-Fiction) Books of 2017
- 1st Place, Royal Dragonfly Book Awards, Expecting Sunshine, Women’s Interest category
- 2-time Finalist, Best Book Awards, “Best New Non-Fiction” and “Women’s Interest” categories
- Winner, IndieReader Discovery Awards, Women’s Issues Category
- Winner, Next Generation Indie Book Awards, Best Book Cover Non-Fiction
- Finalist, Next Generation Indie Book Awards, Parenting/Family Category
- Canada Book Award Winner
Thank you to all the readers and decision makers of the above awards. I am immensely grateful that you have deemed Expecting Sunshine worthy to join the other distinguished books in the history of your awards.
Expecting Sunshine BOOK TOUR
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- New York City, New York, United States
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Orlando, Florida, United States
- Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
- Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Tauranga, New Zealand
- Auckland, New Zealand
The Expecting Sunshine book tour lives on!! I am constantly traveling the world, sharing the book and documentary. If you would like me to visit your city, please fill out the email form on “My City” page (click here). I’ll get back to you and we can start planning!
The State of the Expecting Sunshine Documentary
I have people ask me all the time: When can we watch the documentary? And where will it be available?
Unfortunately, I don’t have a quick answer for this. The process of putting out a film is much longer than I expected on the outset, however it is a slow exciting build!
- Right now, Expecting Sunshine Documentary is being screened at film festivals and conferences around the world. This is step 1. Film festivals will not screen a film if it has been publicly viewed before in their area.
- We are working on distribution for the next step in the documentary release. I will continue to keep everyone updated as this process chugs along!
- We will be offering the documentary for purchase and as an educational tool for hospitals, support programs, and beyond. The goal is to get the film seen by as many people as possible, to help comfort the bereaved and educate friends, family, and professionals on how to care for and support those who have lost a child.
Expecting Sunshine Documentary FILM FESTIVAL SCREENINGS – so far!
- Central Alberta Film Festival, Red Deer, Alberta, CAN
- Arizona International Film Festival, Tucson, AZ, USA
- PLIDA International Perinatal Bereavement Conference, St. Louis, MO, USA
- International Conference on Stillbirth, SIDS and Infant Survival, Glasgow, UK
- Platform Film Festival, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Expecting Sunshine Documentary FILM AWARDS
- Audience Choice Best Film 2018, Central Alberta Film Festival
- Shortlisted for Best Documentary Feature, Central Alberta Film Festival
- Semi-Finalist, International New York Film Festival
- Semi-Finalist, Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards
- Finalist, US Hollywood International Golden Film Award
- Finalist, International Women’s Film Festival
This marks exciting progress for both the book and the film! Thank you so much for being a part of this journey! And thank you sincerely for all those that contributed and donated to help produce the documentary film!
Change is in the air! The fate of ExpectingSunshine.com!
Maybe some of you have noticed that I have not posted on ExpectingSunshine.com regularly. Good observation! This fact does not reflect how much I care about you, my readers, or the book, film and topic of this site. I care about you and all these things immensely. At the same time, I have found myself spread too thin online. For the last few years I have endeavored to blog on four sites: Alexis Marie Writes, Art, Expecting Sunshine, and Wanted Chosen Planned. In the heat of the book tour and film screenings, not to mention raising three young kiddos, I have discovered that this is TOO MUCH!
I have decided to cut myself some slack and consolidate. What this means:
- This is my last post on ExpectingSunshine.com
- I am moving all of the content (info and blog posts) from my Art, Writing, and Expecting Sunshine sites to www.AlexisMarieChute.com
- From now on, I will post blog updates on www.AlexisMarieChute.com about creative living, healing, joy, art, photography, writing, books, and my event tour. It will be a one stop shop. And with that I breathe a sigh of relief!
- I will move over all the blog subscribers from these different sites to www.AlexisMarieChtue.com – so be aware of this. I want to let you know now so there is no confusion moving forward. I do hope that you will continue to stay subscribed to the blog, as I love communicating with you!
- Once this has all happened – and it’s going to happen ASAP – I will do my best to send out one AWESOME blog post per week. It will have an encouraging thought, will share highlights form my video series on YouTube, and will keep you up-to-date on all the awesome happenings I’ve got going on.
- THANK YOU for subscribing to my blog. THANK YOU for being a part of my community. I value you and appreciate you immensely!
Thanks for reading! I look forward to seeing you over on my new blog!
–Alexis Marie Chute